Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 600,000 unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
An innovative Operations leader with superior analytical and planning abilities and preferred experience in Forecasting, Sales and Operations Planning, Inventory management and Storage capacity planning
Must have knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Find practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process and system solutions, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
- Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences
- Help develop long-term department strategies and significantly influences the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards.
- Candidates must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills, and a strong customer focus.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on issues.
- Candidate must have basic Supply Chain and Planning knowledge through work experience or coursework.
- Proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel and basic programming skills.
- At least 3-4 years of experience as an Operations/ Planning manager
- Engineering Degree, Masters in Management studies or MBA.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong program management skills and ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.