Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI THE OBELISK
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
Being in charge of his/her own section & to provide prompt and courteous F&B service to the Restaurant guests
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must know all menu items, their garnishes, contents and preparation methods and be able to relay that information to guests in a polite and concise way if asked
- Serve and clear food and beverage items in an unobtrusive and professional manner
- Utilize the POS system to ring up sales, print checks
- Carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver
- Ascertain guests' satisfaction and handle solvable problem which may arise, informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved
- Follow cash and credit card procedures according to the guidelines of the accounting department
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly restaurant throughout service
- Polish silver, refill salt, pepper and sugar, creamers, etc
- Ensure that work station is stocked with appropriate condiments at all times
- Report any guest comments regarding food and beverage to manager
- Conscientious handling and maintenance of operating equipment
- Learn and adhere to safety, sanitation and hygiene policies
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues, and all other departments
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets and hotel services/features
- Lead opening/closing side duties as assigned and set all tables according to standards
- Report to manager any kinds of deviation from set standard and procedures
- Ensure that all service and storage areas are kept safe and clean
- Help minimize waste, neglect, breakages and mishandling of supplies and equipment
- Carry out light cleaning and maintenance of the outlet
- Assist other Food & Beverage Outlets in their operations during peak hours if needed
- Follow hotel code of ethics at all times.
- Assist outlet supervisor in team training when required.
- Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Must be well presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Able to account and handle cash effectively and efficiently
- Good communication and customer contact skills; good problem resolution skills
- Strong F&B product knowledge
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Minimum 2 - 3 year food and beverage serving experience
- Minimum 1 year Captain/Team-leader
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.