Job description / Role
The Career Counselor facilitates students in identifying realistic and achievable employment goals. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing and maintaining links with local employers so as to facilitate opportunities for students graduating. Additionally the role will involve career advice and to advice for further learning opportunities to enhance the graduate's potential in the workplace.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Interview students to obtain employment history, education background and career goals.
* Administer and interpret tests designed to determine the interests, aptitudes and abilities of students.
* Collect labour market information for students regarding career choice and skill requirements.
* Counsel students on career related issues.
* Assist students with completion of various components of the application process for training.
* Keeping up to date on program changes and current labour market trends.
* Implement and manage career fairs and visits.
* Manage a fairly large caseload.
* Ensure all files are complete and consistently current.
* Implement and maintain MOE's Quality Assurance policies and procedures through application audit and continuous client feedback.
* Act as an Ambassador for the Ministry Of Education, fostering relationships with both community and commercial representatives.
* The responsibilities listed above are not exhaustive. Additional duties may be added from time to time depending on organizational requirements.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
* Minimum of 5 years within a similar role in an educational environment.
* A skilled personality profiler using the appropriate psychometric assessment tools.
* Ability for career guidance/personality match.
* Ability to guide students to recognize their strengths and weaknesses and support them to acknowledge the same.
* Ideally some teaching experience.
* A candidate who is proficient in CV writing skills.
* Ability to utilize all types of media for the enhancement of the job role.
* Minimum Master Degree in Career Guidance, Counseling or a related field
* 21,000 - 24,000 AED per Month
* Health Insurance
* Mobilization Costs
Please apply online.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results