Job description / Role
To deliver truly seamless and extraordinary level of personalized service to the finest details of her job for the assigned Principals. Quality of service is prime deliverable for all the services provided to clients and is a critical success factor for this role. The position holder must emphasize on Clients’ expectations with regard to quality and comfort and must set the higher benchmarks and exceed them.
A Caregiver day, unlike that of her peers, starts as soon as her principal wakes. The hour is variable, depending on the principal’s preferences and patterns. Typical daily tasks will include following, which is not the extensive description and Lady’s maid will take care of whatever her principal instructs or expects:
• Attending to her principal’s person comprises the first task of the morning. After ablutions are taken care of and her principal is ready for the day, a lady’s maid is responsible for tidying her private room(s).
• Inspecting room(s) and private living areas for anything that needs fixing or maintenance.
• Cleaning of principal’s entire suite including bathrooms and ensure tidiness, sanitation, hygiene, and aesthetic outlook.
• Washing hair combs/ brushes and accessories, removing stains from soiled garments, and upkeep of wardrobes are among the many exigencies of personal attendance that must be addressed on a regular basis by the Lady’s maid.
• All work in the rooms must be done out of the principal’s sight. Timing, therefore, is absolutely essential.
• As soon as the principal departs her rooms in the morning, a Caregiver tidies and refreshes all belongings and articles under her care. Any clothes that remain out of closet are put away in the dressing room. The accessories associated with ablutions must also be put to rights.
• As neatness is a Caregiver prerogative, dust and grime are directly under her purview. Not even a loose thread on the carpet is tolerated by a meticulous lady’s maid who is responsible to return the room to its original state—as if nobody had touched anything.
• Caregiver serves as steward of her principal’s belongings and keeps a hawk’s eye on anything that leaves the room.
• Setting up the clothes for the principal to wear for the day and setting up a personalized bath.
• Maintaining wardrobe’s including shoe-care and other accessories
• Seasonal rotation of dressing room
• Before the washables go out to the laundry, it’s the Caregiver job to sort through the dirty pile to determine what needs mending or what items are beyond repair. As a sartorial accountant of sorts, it’s important for a Caregiver to maintain an inventory of her principal’s wardrobe from the start of her employment. Any time a garment leaves the room for the purposes of laundering, she is expected to keep account and verify upon return from laundry.
• Wash basins, glasses, mirrors and other fixtures in washing and bathing areas must be cleaned of soap scum and fingerprints on daily basis.
• Take extra care while using any detergents/ chemicals and always wear gloves while cleaning.
• Packing and unpacking of principal’s belongings before and after travel of the principal.
• Travelling with or ahead of principal and make necessary arrangements at destination for principal’s stay.
• Ensuring that principal’s requirements are met and necessary items are packed for the type of travel e.g. business, leisure, exploratory, educational, etc.
• Preparing and serving coffee, tea, and other beverages for all types of occasions as and when required/ expected.
• Operating and coordinating seamlessly with all house departments for maintenance, laundry and other chores around her work areas.
• Take care of principal’s personal grooming requirements and coordinate with beautician for specialized needs.
• Respond quickly and positively to any change in plans, schedule and requirements of the principal and deliver same quality of service in rapidly changing environment.
• Use judgment and common sense in making and keeping the living ambiance as safe as possible and report any safety hazards to the line manager.
• Ensure her principal’s privacy in both everyday situations and in rare occasions when the principal is not-so-well.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Direct Manager
• High school or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience working for VVIPs
• Knowledge of U.A.E. culture, customs, and traditions
• Excellent English Language. Arabic will be a definite plus.
• Effective Communication
• Problem Solving & Decision-Making
• Planning and Organizing Skills
• Ability to work under pressure and long hours when required
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.