Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking for a Carpenter to join the team at New York University Abu Dhabi. The purpose of the role is to carry out planned preventive maintenance on doors and windows including associated furniture as well as being part of the reactive maintenance team and will provide first line response to defects and emergencies on carpentry works.
- Carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) work on doors and opening windows to maintain smooth operation.
- Carry out repairs to defective doors, windows, glazing and locking systems.
- Provide service to gain emergency access to locked rooms.
- Inspection and recording of assets condition.
- Assist with minor churn and moves and changes as required.
- Carry out repairs to facilities as required.
- Carry out minor fabrication works as required.
- Ensure compliance with company and client's policies and procedures particularly relating to Health and Safety and Work Order Processing.
- Support in day to day activities of the facilities.
- Shift duty coverage as required.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the line manager or member of the senior management team.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Good English language skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work on own initiative and without direct supervision.
- Physically fit and conscientious.
- Customer focussed.
- Ability to fabricate items in timber as required.
- Understanding of planned and preventative maintenance principles.
- Innovative thinker.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as carpenter in a commercial buildings or hospital or other facilities management building services engineering environment.
- Extensive knowledge of building construction and maintenance techniques
- Fully conversant with all aspects of building construction and maintenance with focus on timber construction and metal carpentry works.
- At least holder of High School Diploma.
- Holder of Technical Certificate in Carpentry/Woodworking or equivalent.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.