Job description / Role
The Carpenter will be responsible for the daily operation, repair and maintenance of the Hotel assets, also the supervision and scheduling of technicians and shift engineers.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Inspect and perform preventative maintenance on property's facilities and equipment
- Ensures environmentally friendly practices are followed when handling chemicals, lubricants, and finishing products
- Assists in maintaining the working condition of the building structure; building operations systems, equipment and controls; technical equipment of other departments; maintenance conditions in guest rooms, public spaces, BOH/service areas, function areas, and offices.
- Inspect all areas of the property for safety issues and take immediate corrective action
- Assist guests regarding property facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
Your experience and skills include:
- Relevant building maintenance experience is an asset
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Carpenter preferably in the hospitality industry
- Ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications, make rough estimates of required materials.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Highly responsible & reliable
Your team and working environment:
Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.