Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Carpenter
REPORTING TO: CIVIL Supervisor
The Carpenter position is assigned to perform carpentry jobs. This position would be responsible for the maintenance and repair of interior design, furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) cosmetic appearances for the hotel facility. Examples would include wood finishes, painted surfaces, vinyl wall coverings, glass and carpet. He will be responsible for the completion of other services or duties as requested by the Civil Supervisor or Maintenance Engineers.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs works following safe work practices and procedures
- Responds immediately to all work request which concern Health and Safety.
- Work safe and follow all health and safety guidelines including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintains and repairs all civil, interior design, and Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment finishes
- Repair and replace items such as furniture, wall coverings, ceiling panels and gypsum board.
- Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner
- Ensures the optimum condition and appearance all civil, interior design, and Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment finishes by following the preventive maintenance program
- Evaluates and appropriately responds to equipment usage
- Completes all work orders with due diligence
- Daily Maintains the Civil logbook highlighting problems and solutions.
- Actively participates in the monthly departmental meeting by providing feedback and offering suggestions for improvement
- Completes tasks as assigned by Civil Supervisor or Maintenance Engineers.
- Reports and documents potential safety hazards
- Participates as directed in the emergency response team
- Proficient in all manner of carpentry, interior design and FF&E repair refurbishment and maintenance plus basic knowledge of one other building operations skill set.
- The ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications, make rough estimates of required materials.
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- An energetic and dynamic personality
- PHYSICAL: Good health, able to do heavy lifting and walk/stand for extended period
- EDUCATION: High School graduate, related technical or trades certification
- LANGUAGE: English- oral and literate
- EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years' experience as a carpenter, preferably in the hospitality Industry and/or in an engineering environment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.