Job description / Role
Qualified and experienced carpenter (preferably with Facility Management experience) is needed. Main tasks would be:
• Ensuring all works are carried out quickly and quietly and do not interfere or disturb clients and staff.
• Identifying and assist with the requisition of materials to ensure maintenance and repairs are carried out efficiently and to approved standards.
• Ensuring clean and tidy working environment is maintained at all time by controlling tools, materials and waste products.
• Fill and smooth cracks or depressions, remove marks and imperfections, and repair broken parts, using plastic or wood putty, glue, nails, and/or screws.
• Remove old finishes and damaged or deteriorated parts, using hand tools, stripping tools, sandpaper, steel wool, abrasives, solvents, and/or dip baths.
• Replacing or refurbish upholstery of items, using tacks, adhesives, softeners, solvents, stains, or polish.
• Conforming to all necessary internal and/or external approvals before, during and after maintenance and repair work including and Lockout / Tag Out procedures.
• Working as team member and assist other staff as required with maintenance works, specialist moves, equipment moves, and porterage duties as required.
• Brushing, spray, or hand-rub finishing ingredients, such as paint, oil, stain, or wax, onto and into wood grain; then apply lacquer or other sealers.
• Integrating and communicate effectively with electrical technical team and other departments (Mechanical, HVAC and ADNH) as required to complete civil works & clean the workplace.
• Assisting with various other types of civil maintenance work as required and where directed by the line manager.
• Working with power and hand tools safely so as not to cause harm to self or others.
• Carving and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated.
• Producing and assembled components of articles such as store fixtures, office equipment, cabinets, and high-grade furniture.
• Performing finish carpentry, plumbing and electrical jobs as needed; inspect cabinets before the installation process; trained and supervised carpenter assistants and met with customers at job site to discuss project and estimate costs.
• Purchasing the urgent required materials for finish the task quickly and ASAP based on the requirements.
• Coordinate with the Sub-contractors for finish all kind of Mechanical, electrical and plumbing tasks.
• Provide material report and pending work orders report to the concerned engineers.
• Drive company pickup and maintain using log book, end of the month submits the records to admin team.
• Checking all the inventory stocks whatever is currently available in our store and whatever is required for the upcoming time.
• The successful candidate must have proven past experience in similar role.
• Certificate in carpentry is a plus. the candidate must be male and should also be based in the UAE and is willing to be based in AUH.
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.