Job description / Role
- Contributing to hotel profitability, ensuring the service ability of repair, maintain, prepare, paint and polish all joinery, wood work, furniture and other facility in order to accomplish the highest standards of operating conditions at all times.
- Works from drawings, sketches and verbal instructions to obtain dimensions and finish specifications.
- Determines method and sequence of work operation, quality and size of raw stock and hardware necessary to complete the assignment. May also make working sketches of partition, walls, fixtures and frames in order to complete assignment.
- Repairs furniture, doors windows, tables and cabinets. May also construct, assemble and install permanent structures, office partitions, door, cornices and counters, panels,
walls and ceilings. Lays out and constructs forms, shuttering for new structures.
- Supervises outside carpenters in their work and guide them accordingly.
- Ensures all precautions are taken prior to commence the job in terms of health and safety.
- Keep the carpentry workshop clean and neat always in terms of fire safety.
- Returns notification of job completed to his seniors, time taken, materials used to complete the assigned job.
- Ensures all surroundings are free of danger and rectifies the shortcomings immediately.
- Maintains walls, ceilings, painted floor, wood work, furniture's of the hotel as per the standards at all times.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of various paints, oils and polishes.
- Inspect public areas regularly and keeps the surroundings presentable always.
- Uses proper size of ladders and scaffolding to execute the job.
- Covers the area prior to commence the work and keeps presentable caution sign board around the areas.
- Ensure the area is clean after the completion of the job.
- Ensure a cap is fixed on the fire detectors during the job in order to avoid false fire alarms and takes the cover off once the job is completed
- Must know the trade, be capable of ordering items of need and be able to use the various paint products.
- Assist Engineering Supervisor to order special paints and polishes and keeps an eye on stock movements.
- Dispose paint tins, drums, etc which are combustible in a safe manner.
- Knowledge of fixing decorative ceramic tiles, wall plastering, concrete mixing and shuttering, fixing of road paving tiles, silicon and grouting work.
- Keep the painting workshop clean, neat and safe always in order to avoid fire related incidents.
- Uses proper cautionary sign boards prior commencing the job. Cordons off the surrounding in terms of safety.
- Cooperate with Engineering Staff on works coordination with regards to services process and sequence of works.
- Provide help for function setup.
- Level of Education Vocational education
Areas of study
- Technical & Maintenance
- 1 to 2 years Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
- Desired candidate should have a minimum of 2 years experience in similar role in Hospitality industry
- Should possess a strong character with a harmonious attitude to lead a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence.
- Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and AccorHotels values with guests and associates.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.