Job description / Role
Cash Product Associate, Transaction Banking, MENA (ex UAE)
The Role Responsibilities
* Responsible for the management of cash management products including changes, enhancements and replacement, throughout their development life cycle.
* Meeting group standard for audit, control and financial reporting.
* Identify business opportunities or threats for Cash products. Continually scan the business environment for new opportunities or threats and take action as appropriate. To articulate this view in an annually published operating Plan
* To identify and translate market opportunities into enhancement of existing products, in order to generate a profitable business. Includes demonstration of business cases for products, defining features and functionality, P&L projections, and changes required to internal operations and delivery.
* Establish and implement competitive pricing policies and tariff structures to maximise product profitability and shareholder value.
* Monitor overall service standards, maintain good relationship to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition.
* Plan client events and product launches in conjunction with TB Sales, to ensure that planned revenue and volume targets are met.
* Develop strategies / tactics to gain market share and grow liabilities through new products and existing services.
* Monitor competitor banks in markets of responsibility. Keep abreast of their new product offerings / service developments, assess the threat to our business and plan remedial action to maintain a competitive edge for SCB trade & cash products.
* Maintain a high level of customer contact through, workshops, focus groups and client calls. Gather and collect feedback on product offerings, and modifications made as appropriate.
* Create necessary training decks and provide training followed by ongoing support to TB Sales, Client Coverage and all relevant stakeholders.
* Provide technical assistance on large, complex and structured deals to facilitate in the closure of such transactions.
* Monitor revenue performance against budget and forecasts. Report critical information on product performance along with replication ideas and/or remedial action.
* Create and maintain the product programme documents.
* Support Group product initiatives and campaigns.
Our Ideal Candidate
* Knowledge of the Cash products and client needs
* In depth knowledge of the markets in MENA: their features, customers and competitors.
* Competent at managing a highly varied customer and product base across diverse markets.
* Working knowledge of back office systems architecture.
* Cultural and diversity awareness.
* The ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation both internally within SCB and externally.
* Ability to keep abreast of changes in the markets, customer requirements, competitor activity and the Bank's abilities - ability to use this information to identify opportunities and gaps.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.