Job description / Role
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global eCommerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses in Jordan which includes Retail, third party marketplace e-Commerce platforms.
The RBS group in Jordan is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon remains competitive in the online retail space with the best price, wide selection and good product information. The team’s primary role is to create and enhance retail selection on the worldwide Amazon online catalog. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on customer buying decisions and online user experience.
Roles and Responsibility
You will be responsible for an Operations team supporting multiple categories that populates/ procedures content for the Amazon Catalog, works with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interact directly with Amazon internal customers across the globe to deliver to their requirements and work directly with the Category team to ensure the overall health of the processes is good. Duties may include, taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others, outline procedures and instructions on work received, make time estimates on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of content creation / population done by others, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring utilization of team is high, mentor and train new team members.
· Troubleshoot and drive resolutions to ensure reliable and operationally effective flow of products; improve processes and reduce discrepancies
· Work with various internal teams (e.g. supply chain, fulfillment center, technology teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor/catalog management workflows
· Drive appropriate data oriented analysis, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve operational and business goals
· Manage stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on operational milestones, process changes and escalations
· Ensure high quality standards for interviewing and hiring employees at all levels of the organization
· Execute specific people programs on coaching and development and team engagement
Key Performance Areas
· People Management (leadership, stakeholder management, team management, floor control and retention)
· Formulate, Implement, track career path & Individual Development Plans of each member in the team
· Metrics Management through regular reviews and delivering specific metric goals against targets
· Mentor and guide Associates, Sr. Associates and SMEs to manage quality, improve process efficiency, conceptualize, design and deliver trainings to the team
· Manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution
· An understanding of and passion for e-commerce
· Work experience is preferred (7+ years) with 2+ years of people management experience
· Graduate in any discipline with good remarks
· Relevant experience in Operations with exposure to Sales, post sales, Account Management, and Business Development in managing B2B Business accounts will be an added advantage
· Exposure to retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing or e-commerce will be a plus
· Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented
· Operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with full control and responsibility of achieving business objectives
· Develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems
· Ability to work in teams and ultimately focus on delivering results with high standards
· Attention to detail and capability to work on multiple projects in parallel
· Process improvement and Kaizen.
· Exposure to back office operations, escalation management and troubleshooting environments and exposed to problem solving over emails/phones
· Experience in managing high priority tasks
· Advanced proficiency in SQL,VBA & Python is a plus
· Experience from Customer service background would be an add-on
· Six-sigma knowledge certification (GB/BB) would be and add-on
· Fluent Arabic
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.