Category Buyer - Bathroom Ceramics & Brassware
Job description / Role
Our client is a global wholesale building materials group. The group is known for their high-quality products through projects, trades, and retail stores across the world. They are seeking to expand their workforce and are looking for a Category Buyer for their Tiles, Ceramics and Sanitary-ware products in Dubai.
With over 20 years in the business, the group has operations spanning through multiple countries within Europe, Asia, and Africa. The group's project portfolio includes some of the world's most iconic buildings and innovative developments. With the aim of expanding their Tiles and Ceramics division, they are looking to hire a Category Buyer.
* Understanding the market and analyse trends to be able identify the company's buying needs
* Build solid relationships with the Supplier partners
* Being responsible for handling the commercial negotiations
* Regularly monitor raw material prices, currency fluctuations and other supplier input costs which may affect product prices
* Assess and plan annual buying forecasts and delivery schedules with factories and encourage stock contingency planning wherever possible
* Travel on a regular basis to visit factories as well as attend Trade Exhibition to target new suppliers or products
* Process standard and project specific purchase orders, negotiating preferential terms
* Monitor the stock quality in conjunction with the Quality Assurance team and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management
* Participate in the research, selection, and assessment of potential suppliers.
* Lead the engagement, on-boarding, and management of suppliers from a Buying perspective.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a monthly competitive salary. This is an exciting opportunity for a Category Buyer to further progress their career with a leading building materials group.
* Minimum 8 years of experience working with the same product category
* Preferably CIPS or related buying qualifications
* Strong negotiation skills
* Excellent communication and analytic skills
* Someone who thrives in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.