Category Buyer - IT/Technology
Search Heads Middle East
Job description / Role
The Category Specialist will support and lead procurement activity for spend category – Technology/IT and CAPEX. The position will develop and implement strategies to deliver significant benefits within agreed resources and timescales, influencing and managing significant spend areas whilst driving performance across the business. The Category Specialist will provide significant specialist knowledge of a particular category of supplies, services or works. You will be responsible for:
• Developing category strategies that deliver significant financial savings - using category management tools and techniques, applying organisational policies where appropriate.
• Administering all procurement activities from development and implementation of the sourcing strategy to execution of the contract, which includes identifying business needs, drafting technical specifications, executing procurements, defining the evaluation process, leading major sourcing activities and conducting negotiations.
• Mapping, analyzing and interpreting data on current spend patterns, identifying cost drivers and opportunities
• Developing and managing supplier relationships; including supplier performance management: KPIs SLA measurement etc. Promote competitive solutions, excellent performance and to leverage supplier capabilities.
• Identifying process and other improvement opportunities and help create solutions that can impact the effectiveness of Sourcing.
• 7 years of professional procurement experience; with at least 5 years indirect procurement experience
• 3+ years of category management experience in Information Technology or Capital expenditure.
• Track record of strong influencing skills, able to drive change, meet deadlines, and inspire confidence among senior leadership
• Experience working with Microsoft Office, and various other technologies
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
About the Company
Search Heads Middle East brings together almost 2 decades of specialist recruitment within the Middle East. Having built successful partnerships with some of the worlds most recognised organisations we offer tailor made, honest consulting.