Job description / Role
Support in merchandising functions for the Sports Brand..
• Assist with assortment and range planning in line with brand strategy, market trends and current/forecasted performance, with eventually be responsible for a category.
• Assist with seasonal forecasting in line with set targets.
• Assist with seasonal sample order placements and analysis within agreed timelines.
• Identifying gaps in the product ranges and recommending new products to drive performance. (CAP templates).
• Assist with regular competitor and market analysis.
• Seasonal sell through and category performance analysis to drive seasonal strategies, and to manage SKU performance and efficiency. (Merch analysis).
• Liaising with principals on Order confirmations, and invoicing, ensuring these match with the original order placed and reporting any discrepancies to brand and/or superior. (order qty/fob check)
• Seasonal Item Master creation and SAP upload. Manage data integrity for the site, ensuring it is accurate and in line with the system. (SAP item master, carryover season change, RRP upload).
• Liaising with supply chain team ensuring timely product deliveries within agreed timelines with cross-functional stake holders, ensuring in time product launches. (share launch date file with emphasis on Key styles).
• Assist in maintaining / renewing showroom excellence to support seasonal sell-in meetings. Liaise with cross-functional teams to ensure in-time showroom readiness. Samples
• Assist in creating / maintaining seasonal Catalogue to support sell-in meetings. Liaise with supplier to ensure data accuracy and in-time catalogue delivery. Trasix
• Adhoc additional duties as and when required as per the demands of the function.
• 1-3 years Merchandising Experience
• English- Fluent
• Advanced Excel level
• Ability to work within a team environment and under pressure.
• Structured, organized and process-oriented.
• Strong work ethic.
About the Company
Established in 1978, by the Baker family who still own and manage the company today, Gulf Marketing Group is one of the Middle East's leading, family owned companies. Gulf Marketing Group operates regionally, across the GCC and boasts a diverse portfolio of brands, retail outlets and services. Gulf Marketing Group subsidiaries operate in key sectors such as retail and distribution of sporting goods and lifestyle brands, health and fitness, food and food processing, integrated 3PL logistics, real estate, healthcare and pharmacies, education and technology. Since 1978, Gulf Marketing Group has introduced more than 90 international brands into the Middle East, as well as building the reputation of our homegrown brands as reliable and quality driven companies.
We are proud to be one of the top 10 retailers in the Gulf region with:
- More than three decades experience managing international brands in local environments
- A prestigious portfolio of world class brand partners
- Anchor tenancy in all major GCC shopping malls
- A proven track record of securing exclusive retail and distributor agreements
- An experienced management team
- Strong customer relationships
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)