Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
• Provide our customers with the most compelling destination for consumables by exceeding our customers’ expectations for selection, pricing, availability, and convenience.
• Responsible for all aspects of the UAE Country business, including buying and vendor relations, pricing, the website customer experience, merchandising, editorial and graphic content, and inventory management and replenishment.
• Increase the number of brands, products and subcategories available to customers by signing new vendors to supply relationships and creating compelling new product presentations on the website.
• Lead and coach existing team members on the organization’s values to develop and grow in the organization whilst providing relevant systems and process training.
• Work closely with the Operation teams to create fast and defect-free delivery of products while maintaining costs within the company’s financial goals.
• Understand customer needs in order to serve customers in a powerful way.
• Accelerate organic growth rate of the company’s business through relentless focus on retail fundamentals, including selection growth, competitive pricing and high levels of in-stock availability.
• Meet or exceed financial goals, such as revenue, margin and inventory turn.
• Build businesses that can achieve substantial skill over a number of years.
• A bachelor's degree is required, an MBA is a plus
• Experience in building and scaling successful businesses
• Experience in successful P&L at an executive level and experience in a multi-national organization
• Strong merchandising/product management skills and significant experience managing organizations with multiple disciplines.
• Experience in strategy to evaluate business, product and sourcing strategies in an industry experiencing dramatic change. Exposure to an industry with highly complex B2B or B2C business models with multiple distribution characteristics.
• Manage strong external relationships at senior levels, including ability to design and negotiate high level contracts.
• Strong aptitude in overall project management; driving project completion on complex and strategic projects with significant bottom-line impact.
• Display the highest level of integrity and for inspiring trust by his or her team, peers and leadership of the company.
• Experience in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent and is relentless in ensuring a high level of performance from all team members.
• Customer obsession
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires great people. Develops great people.
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Results oriented
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.