Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
As a Category Manager, you will responsible for defining and driving the "offer" and purchasing strategy for different products categories and brands. You will also be responsible for defining the action plan for the categories, merchandising, promotional activities, prices and negotiations.
More specifically, your responsibilities will consist of the below:
- Assess the requirements and coordinate with relevant internal/external stakeholders (Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Suppliers, Category Managers and Logistics)
- Handle the production of the annual calendar for the brands promotions, launches, etc.
- Register newly imported brands to the market, in compliance with the regulations of each country
- Develop new merchandising aids, tools, and new concepts
- Coordinate new openings (Brands/Merchandising/Promotions) or refitting of sales areas
- Develop the business plan of the Department in line with the strategic objectives of the Brand
- Formulate and communicate the Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Monitor the yearly budget of the Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Define the offer strategy for the stores in the designated area in alignment with the brand's values
- Negotiate annual commercial agreements and the commercialization of advertising spaces with the brands
- Drive the development of the margin and the budgetary objectives
- Benchmark current performance vs. the competition and the peer market
- Manage segmentation, seasonal activities, action plans for the stores; follow up on the results
- Create partnerships with the brands and follow up on the results
- Handle the negotiations with existing and potential partners
- Negotiate with suppliers for the stock returns (discontinued and slow movers)
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 3 years Experience in Category Management within the Beauty Industry, preferably with Luxury brands
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships with brands/partners and strong negotiation skills
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.