Job description / Role
The CAPEX Category Manager is responsible for the coordination and development of category plans, process efficiency, strategic sourcing initiatives and tactics in Capital Projects for the various (Retail) Business Units. Examples of Capital Projects: stores construction, stores renovations, podiums and shopping windows construction, etc. Overall spend responsibility will vary between $30M and $40M p.a. and savings targets will be set annually by the Head of Procurement and the CFO.
The CAPEX Category Manager will interact with key business stakeholders and drive category specific strategies to support those business objectives. S/he will also be responsible to manage and coordinate the supplier relationship and performance evaluation process for the responsible categories.
- Develops short-term and long-term category specific strategies for reducing costs and meeting financial expectation, while managing vendor relationships.
- Executes category sourcing strategies including development and execution of RFI's and RFP's, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers; develops selection criteria and drives the selection and approval process of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conducts supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management.
- Develop negotiation strategies, gain alignment from stakeholders, lead cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implementing appropriate supplier risk analysis.
- Interacts with relevant stakeholders to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships for extracting the greatest value in supplier quality, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, risk management, sustainability, and innovation. Manage the ongoing performance of CAPEX suppliers including performance against the SLAs and suppliers' evaluations, audits and qualification.
- Drives consolidation of spend and seek out synergies across Business Units where applicable, by forming and leading cross-functional strategic sourcing teams to develop and implement category/commodity strategies and to drive cost from individual spend sub-categories consults with Sr. Management, and other subject matter experts to develop alternative solutions; advises on options, risks, total cost of ownership, and business impacts.
- Manage contracts, contract negotiation, and contractual dispute resolutions.
- Pre-negotiate and incorporate terms, conditions, key performance indicators, and service level metrics into vendor contracts.
- Effectively document, communicate, and gain buy-in for the strategies from local executive leadership, and global procurement organization.
Prepare vendor recommendations for decision-making.
- Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information on industry category trends and best practices.
Provide procurement input to maximize procurement leverage, optimize project design and minimize project durations and cost.
- Ensure business process efficiency, and process improvement in line with Procurement strategy to empower the business as strategic partners.
- Supervise and validate purchase order creation in line with directives.
- University Degree in Business Administration or Engineering
- 5-7+ years in GCC Construction and/or retail Indirect Procurement related experience
- Previous category management experiences a plus.
- CIPS or other procurement certifications a plus
- Purchasing system experience (SAP)
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.