Job description / Role
Tradeling.com is a Dubai government funded startup, set up in September 2019 and is operated by Blink Technologies FZCO, headquartered at the Dubai Airport Free Zone, UAE. Tradeling.com is intended to become the dominant B2B marketplace for the MENA region by simplifying and enhancing digital B2B trade through a centralized, digital and safe procurement platform. It will offer value added services that will include finance and logistics.
Launched in Q1 of 2020, with multiple categories ranging from office supplies, food and beverage, health and wellness and many more. At Tradeling, we embrace the challenge to innovate on behalf of the customer and we value helping each other to accomplish our goals quickly.
We are looking for a Category Manager to join our marketplace team. As a Category Manager at Tradeling, you will have full ownership of the assigned group of products on our marketplace, including full P&L responsibility, product selection, curation, promotions, pricing, monetization and overall category optimization. Building strong relationships with all merchants is extremely important for this role. Relationships with vendors, commercial mindset as well as understanding customers' needs and market trends will also be part of your duties.
The position will report directly to the Head of Marketplace.
• Strong understanding of the category industry assigned.
• Ability to understand buyer requirements in the category
• Identify new product opportunities and steadily grow the category’s product selection
• Devise long-term development for selection to hit monthly and quarterly targets
• Research category and market trends across MENA region
• Continuous competitor research and analysis within B2B market
• Benchmark tradeling’s offering and positioning to remain competitive
• Work with Seller Success team to identify market needs and acquire the right sellers
• Full P&L responsibility and ownership across the category
• Deliver profitable growth across the the category by providing an optimum SKU listings
• Responsible for data analysis and reporting KPIS including: GMV and revenue tracking and setting targets monthly and quarterly
• Increase category margin inline with company objectives
• Use data to create landing pages with curated product selection to provide relevance and increase conversion
• Work with Content and Merchandising teams to create and optimize category landing pages with some understanding of SEO
• Create a promotional plan throughout the year to implement consistent offers to buyers
• Consider sales seasonality
• Work with selected brands and merchants to offer promotions
• Add value and direct customers to use other Tradeling services (Tradeling Logistics, Buy now pay later)
• 8+ years of experience in a similar role in Category Management in an construction business/industry
• Experience in the B2B landscape
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to deal with ambiguous problem
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail
Come build the future of B2B e-commerce with us
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are disrupting and shaping B2B online trade. Our culture is based on creativity, leadership, teamwork, excellence, passion, integrity, and fun! Our company is growing fast but we understand the importance of having a healthy work life balance. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, growing, innovative company, making a big impact on a rapidly evolving space, and having fun along the way! We offer competitive compensation and other benefits.
About the Company
Tradeling is a technology startup with a vision to become the preferred business-to-business eMarketplace in MENA.
Led by a team of experienced technology startup builders, with strong financial backing through Dubai Airport Freezone (DAFZA), we strive to become the main search and sourcing tool for buyers across the region.
Whether you are a business owner or a procurement manager, Tradeling is an easy to use, reliable and secure eMarketplace for all your purchasing needs.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Project Manager (Multi Site)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||22 Feb|
Sr. Project Manager
Construction Manager (Buildings)
|Abu Dhabi||8 Mar|
Head of Construction