Job description / Role
Our client is a well-known 3PL company based in Dubai and they are searching for a Category Manager Freight
Your responsibilities would include:
• Develop, track, and execute sourcing strategies for assigned categories
• Analyzes specific product lines, product assortment, sourcing options, profitability and market trends to identify the cost savings and profitability
• Manage Supplier relationships and resolve any supply issues for product procured from global and domestic locations.
• Assist Client’s Team with key vendor activities and functions. Conduct business reviews with client or company’s vendors for various categories and operating divisions.
• Negotiate supply agreements to secure the highest quality goods and the right value based on market changes, supply chain movement, and various product offerings.
• Develops and communicate changes and updates of the Supplier Agreement to different entities involved with the Category Management
• Responsible to secure new items to be sold to customers at the direction of Freight Manager & Managing Director
• Prepare Category sourcing profiles that includes spend, pricing, locations and supplier mix to help identify the cost saving opportunities. Lead and/or support multiple cost reduction projects
• Develops business cases; for major cost reduction projects by taking inputs from pricing, logistics and customer teams
• Verify the Sales price across products to the customers by validating the supplier and distribution costs and various margins and savings
• Create, analyze and publish commodity report and tracks market changes to mitigate supply and price risks.
• Serve as a primary point of contact between Client’s Operations and Client or Company’s vendors.
• Coordinate new product testing with the Distribution Centers, Suppliers and Client locations and manage transition to the new products
• Develops communication around changes to the products and line of supply changes and communicate to various internal and external entities
• Any other duties as assigned
To be considered for the role, you must meet the following criteria:
• MBA or Bachelors with Supply Chain/Freight Diploma
• Must have a strong database of customers and suppliers
• Must have extensive experience in supply chain and purchasing within large distribution companies
• Must have dealt with both food products and non-food products.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have exposure in GCC/Middle East
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.