Job description / Role
A specialized Category Manager role for the total meat & poultry spend for an increasingly significant food catering business.
A globally-backed, regionally focused food catering business.
* Coordinate all required activities within the assigned category of spend, to achieve lowest possible total cost of acquisition / ownership, while matching business expectations in terms of quality & timelines
* Ensure full compliance of all sourcing activities with internal policies and procedures
* Build relationship with internal stakeholders to proactively plan sourcing activities related to the assigned category of spend
* Clarify and negotiate scope of work with internal stakeholders
* Translate requirements / scope of work into Request for Information / Request for Proposals
* Manage sourcing activities through the corporate e-sourcing platform as and when required
* Ensure that the end to end sourcing process is performed with full transparency, integrity and confidentiality as and when required
* Negotiate best cost, terms and conditions against the final approved scope and shortlisted vendor(s)
* Perform quarterly vendor performance reviews with key vendors
* Approve purchase orders raised by team members
A lucrative, specialized opportunity with a growing business
* Detailed technical understanding of the assigned commodity / category of spend
* Outstanding relationship management skills (internal & external)
* Analytical & Negotiation skills
* Market understanding on vendor capabilities, should costs, supply chain, etc.
* A lucrative, specialized opportunity with a growing business
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.