Job description / Role
The role incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and direction in the categories under management, including supply market management and development, strategic planning and execution, and contract and risk management activities, to meet business needs.
A leading healthcare business with substantial presence in the U.A.E.
* Develop, lead and execute category plans and sourcing strategies based on research and analysis to optimize value for money outcomes and meet stakeholder needs and expectations.
* Lead and manage the category management team and cross-functional working groups to achieve a high-level of performance, integration and consistency in procurement across the category.
* Identify and manage commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical and supply chain risks to minimize negative impacts on category objectives while encouraging opportunity and innovation
* Provide expert advice to key stakeholders on all aspects of procurement and the procurement category, to encourage innovative practices and support delivery of business and policy directions
* Develop and implement category management plan to meet business needs, enhance stakeholder engagement, and challenge and motivate providers to optimize service outcomes.
* Maintaining detailed knowledge of category markets, suppliers and stakeholders and maintaining control of all category strategies, projects and arrangements, given the breadth and complexity of the category
* Gaining agreement on category strategies and providing the best procurement outcomes for business unit/agency impacted by the category arrangement, given their varied and diverse needs.
* Lead negotiations on high impact, complex supply arrangements and contract issues to deliver better category outcomes.
* Develop robust negotiation plans with business partners for complex procurement negotiations and coach other procurement staff in how to approach negotiations
* Gather and apply leading edge procurement negotiation thinking and practice across the organisation
* Lead negotiations for large complex categories and significant projects (e.g. outsourcing agreements, Joint Ventures, partnerships)
* Adopt appropriate negotiation styles for all situations (internal and external), and effectively use these to deliver optimal procurement outcomes
* Ensure that government and organisational policy in relation to procurement and contract management is implemented
* Monitor procurement and contract management risks and ensure that this informs contract development, management and procurement decisions
* Take responsibility for procurement and contract management activities and decisions by applying the guidelines and procedures
* Promote the principles of risk management as applied to procurement projects, to identify and mitigate risk
* Implement effective governance arrangements to monitor provider, supplier and contractor performance against contracted deliverables and outcomes
* Represent the organization in the resolution of complex/sensitive disputes with providers, suppliers and contractors
* Lead sourcing activities and management of large, complex categories or projects and often facilitate expert reference groups
* Lead the development of the supply base strategy within major markets and incorporate input from senior stakeholders and technical functions to obtain agreement to overarching strategy
* Demonstrate expertise in the development of all types of market facing documents in all categories and types of procurement activity
* Develop evaluation plans that assess multiple complex criteria over several stages and incorporate complex Total Cost of Ownership or similar calculations
* Execute contracts in line with delegated authority and conduct potentially contentious or difficult debriefs with unsuccessful suppliers
* Lead the development of risk management tools and techniques to identify and prioritize risks to service delivery
* Follow procurement risk management processes for major projects and coach others within the team on how to conduct risk assessments using established processes and frameworks
* Act as an internal consultant on techniques and actions to manage risk for high value complex projects and relationships, and take calculated risks to achieve objectives
* Manage compliance and work with business partners to eliminate non-compliant practices in procurement
* A specialized category management opportunity within a leading and growing organization.
* Experience in category management of pharmaceuticals/medicals for healthcare entities
* MCIPS qualified
* Track record of delivering consistent savings, developing category strategy, and risk management/contract management
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
Quest Search & Selection
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||16 Oct|
Regional Procurement Manager
Senior Manager (Procurement and Admin Affairs) for a Free Zone Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Procurement/Purchasing Manager for a Financial Services Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||29 Oct|