Category Specialist - Pastry & Bakery (French & Arabic Speaker)
Chef Middle East
Job description / Role
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines.
• Provides coaching and professional development to team-member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge and sales skills.
• Lead demand-generating marketing activities in the assigned market for the assigned product specialty (EDM, communications, events, workshops, demonstrations etc..).
• Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts as well as brand representatives (suppliers).
• Coordinate the customer involvement of other company personnel when needed, including support resources, team members, and management.
• Achieves assigned product sales quota.
• Supports initiatives that ensure product profitability.
• Achieves product growth targets in the assigned geography or account base.
• Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
• Study leads relevant to the category such as product benchmarking and competitive analysis which will support assessment of product/brand additions to be made in the category.
• Extract data and reports and contribute in preparing business reviews with key suppliers
• Comply with the HACCP & ISO procedures at all times.
• Attend meetings or training courses as required.
• College /University diploma or at least three years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum three years related experience in customer associated sales.
• Must be familiar with current software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Must be familiar with food products line and customer base.
• Must have a valid UAE driving license.
• Has the ability to identify customer needs and act accordingly, taking the organization's costs and benefits into account.
• Has the ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and understanding to cope with different business situations.
• Can carry out activities that are not formally part of a job while displaying enthusiasm and effort when necessary to complete tasks successfully in order to achieve organizational objectives.
• Has the ability to develop and maintain relations within and outside the organization even at times with conflicting interests and to use them to obtain information, support and cooperation for achieving business goals.
• Is informed about trends and developments relevant to his/her expertise, industry and organization. Directs his/her expertise for realizing new strategies and market opportunities.
• Demonstrates self-confidence and expertise and comes across as a credible speaker, is able to switch easily from a complex level to simpler ideas, uses influencing skills to convince the audience of his/her ideas.
About the Company
We are a leading importer and distributor of the finest quality foods from all over the globe, supplying the hotel, dining and catering industries in the Middle East. We offer our discerning clients an exceptional combination of premium quality and value-added ingredients, through our state-of-the art logistics network. Our company services more than 1,000 customers in the UAE, Qatar and Oman.
We also provide the same exceptional quality of service and products to customers in locations such as the Indian Ocean, Africa, CIS Countries and the Sub Continent.