Job description / Role
A leading global retailer is looking for a Catering and Events Manager to join their team in Dubai.
Essential Functions: Catering Operations:
* Answers catering department incoming calls, document all event inquiries and maintain master event calendar. Oversees that detailed up- to-date event files are maintained and documents all conversations, orders, special requests and contracts.
* Assist with the planning and coordinating of all private member events and club events.
* Ensures that all service staff is informed of all events in order to properly promote and discuss them with the members
* Works with culinary team to plan all menus and assist with catering/club events
* Holds daily staff meetings to communicate any on-going concerns or upcoming events, delegate proper responsibilities as needed.
* Performs scheduling of staff members to ensure proper levels of service for total member satisfaction, while maintaining fiscal responsibility
* Provide two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis on motivation and teamwork
* Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence
* Monitors and maintains the productivity level of the employees
* Is responsible for the layout, display and decorations of all special events and functions Management:
* Meet weekly with Food & Beverage Director to review operations efficiencies and concerns.
* Assist with the preparation and implementation of the annual food and beverage budget to achieve the objectives set forth within.
* Ensure that all sanitation and health code requirements are met and maintained. In doing so you will promote and supervise the cleanliness and order of all service areas and report all maintenance concerns/needs promptly.
* Generate monthly POS sales and menu mix reports * Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training and appraising talented personnel Member Service:
* Works with members and other departments to plan and execute all club special events at the highest level.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* 4 year college degree preferable or industry training equivalent
* 1 years' experience in the food and beverage, culinary or related professional area in a supervisory or management role
* CPR/First Aid Certified
* Thorough knowledge of fine dining and banquet service in a luxury private club, resort or high end property
* Coconino County Food Manager Certification (if not already acquired, will be required upon employment)
* Proven strong communication and leadership skills
* Excellent organizational skills, communication skills and multi-tasking capabilities
* Demonstrated leadership skills * Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
* Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Jonas, ADP, POS, Open Table, etc)
* Clean driving record
About the Company
CSG are the Global Talent Experts.
Founded in 2003, CSG began as six independent recruitment agencies. Now, we boast over 200 specialist consultants operating from six offices across Europe, Asia, Australia and MENA, in seven distinct practice areas.
We pride ourselves on our sector expertise; we have specialist teams working in niche markets across Life Sciences & Healthcare, Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer, Transportation, Engineering & Construction, Business Services and Technology. We also provide temporary recruitment services through our contracting arm CRE, working within Construction, IT and Digital Services.
CSG’s vision is to be the first and continuous choice when managing both our clients’ global talent needs and our candidates’ long-term careers. In 2017 alone, we partnered with 435 international clients and made placements in 62 countries. From our proactive executive searches to our Talent Strategy Services, we see ourselves as your talent partners, and that ethos is reflected in everything we do.