Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist - CCTV Operator and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To operate and monitor all systems, including CCTV, within the control room in a professional and efficient manner. To ensure integrity, accuracy and confidentiality of all information gained by compliance with Sofitel quality standards and legislation.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To operate and monitor all systems within the control room in an efficient manner ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with security operating procedure, legislation and Sofitel code of practice/ethics.
- To liaise with the police, service providers and internal concerned departments to ensure that appropriate use of the system.
- To include all evidential records and witness statements to a standard acceptable to the rules of evidence.
- To record all events and actions taken in a clear, legible and accurate written occurrence book supported by the dedicated Sofitel standards format.
- To provide an efficient and courteous radio and telephone answering service and deal efficiently with all enquires.
- To report equipment failure to the security supervisor to maximize operation of the system.
- To maintain a secure system for providing data in accordance with the regulations set up by Department of Protective Systems (Dubai Police) and to ensure the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times.
- To maintain the provision of information required by the security director and assistant security director and to assist the monitoring of the CCTV system in accordance with DPS regulations and the continuity and admissibility of evidential material.
- To support security director and assistant security director by providing monitoring of the maintenance agreements to ensure full provision of the system.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in terms of health and safety including appropriate health and safety training.
- To ensure that you approach your duties taking into consideration Sofitel gentle service.
- Conduct regular checks on all "field" officers to assure they are alert and carrying out their duties efficiently and effectively
Assist in conducting investigations and prepare accompanying investigation reports for cases which occur within the Hotel involving:
- Criminal acts, losses or accidents caused to lives and properties
- Staff misconduct
- Cases affecting guests or staff that are of concern to Management
Surveillance of hotel staff:
- Ensure that they abide by House Rules
- Keep tag on movements of staff who are classified as suspects under investigations
- Keep peace and order within the premises of the Hotel in dealing with criminals, trespassers or difficult characters
- Keep the Director of Security and assistant security director constantly posted on all matters of security interest affecting the Hotel and the Department.
- Conduct regular and periodical checks and take immediate follow-up action on all systems including CCTV system.
- Attend meetings and in-service training conducted by the Department
- The CCTV system operates 24 hours a day 365 days per year. As such the CCTV Operator will be required to operate on a shift basis to provide full cover for the scheme.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Understanding and ability to work in a multicultural environment tactfully and effectively
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar capacity in a 5 star hotel
- Knowledge of operation of the CCTV system
DPS CCTV Operator License
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.