Job description / Role
The purpose of this job is to lead DarkMatter clients through the certification and accreditation process, primarily using the NIST Risk Management Framework. Ensuring systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures, maintain required IS security documentation including Systems Security Plans (SSP), Information Assurance Standard Operating Procedures.
As a Certification and Accreditation - Director of Special Projects, you will:
- You will use your vast experience to make an impact on a national scale across multiple sectors including government, oil & gas, Utilities, finance and healthcare.
- Have a relentless passion for Information Security, a continuous thirst for knowledge, be ambitious, adore problem solving and like all members of the DarkMatter family, house a 'nothing is impossible' mind set.
- Be surrounded by 'out-of-the-box' thinking Rockstars, your creative mind will be under constant stimulation, absorbing new information every day. With access to the best technology, you will be encouraged to push boundaries, be creative and innovate.
- Enjoy all the cultural, educational and travel opportunities Abu Dhabi offers!
Your personal dream could be the world's reality
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures.
- Ensure the generation and maintenance of required IS security documentation including Systems Security Plans (SSP), Information Assurance Standard Operating Procedures (IA SOP), Continuous Monitoring Plans, Security Control Traceability Matrices, Risk Assessments, Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), equipment specifications, practices and procedures are in place
- Coordinate with client on approval of external information systems/guest systems.
- Advise on the scheduling, performance and maintenance records of required IS auditing, patching, maintenance, software/hardware changes, and scanning based on evolving threat/vulnerabilities and client compliance requirements.
- Review and facilitate coordinate the execution of test procedures for verification of Certification & Accreditation (C&A), Authorization and Accreditation (A&A), Risk Management Framework (RMF) safeguards to meet customer requirements based upon and related to NIST publications.
- Lead teams through in testing to evaluate the security posture of ISs by employing various intrusion/attack detection and monitoring tools.
- Evaluate and communicate results of identified threats and vulnerabilities to determine the need for supplementary safeguards (e.g. architecture, firewall, data flow, network access, etc.).
- Assess changes to an IS by performing periodic self-inspections, tests and reviews of the IS program to ensure that systems are operating as authorized/accredited and that conditions have not changed; ensure corrective actions are taken for identified findings and vulnerabilities.
- Review the enforcement of configuration management (CM) policies and procedures for authorizing the use of hardware/software on an IS.
- Maintain a working knowledge of IS functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Support and advise client in wider C&A initiatives.
- A desire to innovate in the UAE!
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
VP IT Transformation
NSI & Bluefin Talent