Job description / Role
- Job purpose of the Certification Specialist would be to provide a professional certification service including effective communication with interested parties (manufacturers, laboratories etc), project planning and execution, expert revision and judgement of submitted product data based on product standards requirements and formulation of recommendations concerning certification decisions.
- The role will also involve the promotion of knowledge concerning certification activity and technical requirements for fire and life safety products.
- Review of completeness and correctness of certification applications and required attachments,
- Carry out of certification processes of fire doors, including analysis of products technical documentation, results of laboratory tests, assessment of manufacturing conditions,
- Preparation of assessment reports, descriptions of products attested characteristics and fields of their application,
- Communication with interested parties concerning performed tasks,
- Development of templates of products technical descriptions, testing programs, etc.
- Carry out of periodical summaries, analyses, reports associated with performed activity,
- Monitoring of development of products’ technical specifications (testing standards)
- Presenting and publishing information regarding performed tasks.
- Mechanical Engineer, Fire Engineer or similar
- 5 years’ work experience and at least 2 years in the fire doors sector, especially in:
- Certification / inspection / testing of fire doors, or
- Quality control of fire doors manufacturing processes, or
- Design, installation, maintenance, distribution of fire doors.
- Full English proficiency in writing and speaking.
- Analytical mind with high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation relating to carried out work.
- Result oriented with strong planning, organisational, teamwork and presentation skills.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Self – motivated and able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Engineer license issued by Civil Defense (current or past) or professional certification (like NFPA Certified Fire Protection Specialist).
- Hands-on experience on application of requirements of UAE Fire and Life Safety Code in scope of fire doors.
- Knowledge of requirements of products or testing standards regarding fire doors.
- Familiarity with fire doors certification or testing processes.
About the Company
A leading company in the UAE.
Certification Specialist - Smoke Management Systems
A Leading Company In The UAE
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Pre-Construction / QS Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Certification Specialist - Fire Detection, Voice Alarm
A Leading Company In The UAE
One Of The Leading Manufacturing Companies In UAE