Job description / Role
A fully regulated exchange for crypto assets is looking for a dynamic, experienced CFO to join their team. This position is critical to the continued success of the business and will report to the CEO.
The CFO will provide leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team, as well as strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team. The CFO will play an instrumental role in scaling the company from launch to its growth stage.
Member of the senior management team reporting directly to the CEO, with overall responsibility for group financial reporting and all regulatory filings across multiple jurisdictions.
• Registered as the authorized key individual with the ADGM Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) for the finance function
• Responsible for overseeing the current and long-term budgetary planning of the company
• Developing financial models for new and current business initiatives and providing strategic recommendations to senior management
• Presenting financial results to the Board of Directors on a monthly basis and producing the monthly financial reporting pack for shareholders and senior management.
• Overall responsibility for treasury and liquidity management
• Development and enhancement of finance policies and procedures including for the virtual asset operations
• Responsible for overall planning and implementation of the company’s risk management framework in conjunction with the Compliance and Risk Committee
• Negotiating and managing all audit engagements and specialist external reviews
• Supervising, training and mentoring all direct reports
• Ensuring compliance with financial deadlines and operational requirements of all regulatory filings
• Fulfilling corporate tax filing requirements as well as enabling company's adherence to U.A.E. VAT regulations through interpreting legislative requirements and developing an internal structure to facilitate accurate return submission
• Managing relationships with external and internal auditors of the group while overseeing smooth conduct of all audits.
• Relevant certifications (e.g. CA/CFA/CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIMA) is a must.
• Treasury experience is a major plus.
• Minimum 10 years in the Financial Services industry.
• 3 - 5 years of experience with a top-tier accountancy firm.
• Minimum 5 years working at Senior Management level within a regulated exchange a definite advantage.
• Between 5 - 10 years’ experience of successful commercial management.
• Experience with margin / leverage in a broker / dealer or similar platform is a plus.
• In-depth understanding of cash flow management, reconciliations and internal controls particularly concerning client money.
• Proficiency in SAP and business process improvement an advantage.
• Understanding of regulatory frameworks and requirements related to financial institutions, Electronic Money, Derivatives and crypto assets would be advantageous.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and a proven history of working effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and within and across a decentralised international and matrixed environment.
• Good with numbers and financial planning
• Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent organizational and leadership ability
• Analytical mind
• Problem-solving aptitude
• Proven analytical, organisational, decision-making and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to execute under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
• High degree of integrity, initiative, perseverance, and leadership skills.
• Craving the opportunity to have a significant impact on a dynamic business.
• Proactive and capable of making your own decisions, but also enjoy being part of a team, working together to achieve the best outcome for our business.
• Highly proficient with Excel and be able to build and maintain detailed, precise financial models.
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Middle East Executive
Chief Financial Officer
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
CFO - Chief Financial Officer
CFO - Chief Financial Officer