Job description / Role
Robert Half is working on an exclusive basis with a leading Real Estate Development company based in the UAE.
Supporting the CEO you will take the lead on all strategic and tactical financial matters as they relate to investments, budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and securing of new funding. Responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the group in accordance with the best industry practices, GAAP and International Accounting Standards. Responsible for devising and compliance on group financial policies, financial and internal controls. Take the lead on all legal matters of the group including joint ventures, acquisitions as well as negotiations and reviews. Assist the CEO and other departmental heads in an advisory role on all strategic and tactical matters including negotiations with external parties.
* Direct line management responsibility for Finance Division.
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the group's fiscal function and performance.
* Align all finance activities to enable delivery of the Groups KPIs.
* Direct all accounting services required for the Group in planning and controlling its businesses; this includes financial accounting, management accounting, forecasting, budgeting and control systems including monthly and annual accounts.
* Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of real-estate, business in general, laws, statutory legislation and finance theories.
* Maintain good relationship with banks, financials institutions and senior officers in statutory regulatory body/ies.
* Ensure that appropriate assumptions are made in relation to the business' financial plan and annual budget proposals. Provide advice to CEO and Executive Directors on these matters.
* Advise CEO of the financial implications of proposed course of action.
* Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the group by way of systems that will improve the overall operations and effectiveness of the group. This includes development of effective systems to ensure group-wise statutory Compliance.
* Establish credibility throughout the group and with the CEO and Executive Directors as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
* Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e. evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers and investments. Devise appropriate debt - equity structures.
* Arrange finance for the projects at the most competitive rates and terms and identify new funding opportunities.
* Oversee the insurance arrangement for all assets of the group and to acquire best possible coverage at most competitive rates.
* Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate working capital management strategies to enhance cash position.
* Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors, ensuring all audit issues are resolved.
* Oversee the I.T. Systems of the group including Enterprise Resource Planning system and ensure continuous improvement to the IT regime across the group.
* Participate in recruitment of senior management including devising compensation strategies.
* Evaluation of the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
* Qualified Accountant - CIMA / CA / ACMA or other recognized Accounting qualification
* 10 years of post-qualification progressive managerial experience
* Experience of real estate development is essential
* Solid technical accounting skills, including IFRS
* Experience working in a large group of companies with Corporate Governance regime
* Proven track record of developing and running a high performing team in a fast paced environment
* Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment
Salary and Benefits
Up 80,000 AED per month, plus company benefits
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.