Job description / Role
The Channels Architect role is responsible for designing and managing the channel architectures in the bank, through which bank's internal and external users access the products and services of the bank, including development, runtime, operations and delivering integrated solutions by applying Agile and Model-Driven methodologies.
- The Channels Architect, will work with the Digital & Technology teams and look after technical ownership of the related channels. The role will work closely with colleagues across the Bank to translate high level concepts, designs, requirements and user stories into digital channel specifications. The channels architect will be an integral part of the Architecture team in the bank, and lead the technical design for all Digital channels and channel propositions within the Bank
- Creating new channel applications by understanding evolving and challenging business requirements and documenting them in line with design specifications
- Producing design requirements and aligning them with the solution
- Taking ownership for all products produced across the bank's digital delivery system
- Making sure all solutions are fit for purpose and are implemented
- Inspiring the team to design and help develop best in class digital platforms and propositions
- Channels architect will evaluate application technologies and make recommendations for best fitment for the bank
- The role will be involved in training other team members in areas of programming and software design best practices.
- The role is responsible for creating/reviewing Technical Documents for the applications implemented/updated including application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures relating to each application as well as guidelines and standards that should be adhered to for each application
- The Channels architect must be a team player with an ability to work with inhouse and partner teams including systems analysts, software developers, data managers and other team members to ensure successful production of application software
- The Channels Architects must be prepared to offer viable solutions for various systems and architectures to different types of businesses in the bank- custom or off the shelf
- Channels architects will work with integration architects in Integrating channels with existing systems - ensuring a seamless integration of new and existing channels to eliminate potential problems and maintain transaction integrity
- Architect and design solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements for high availability and reliability
- Perform applications assessments and develop channel application roadmaps
- Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank's policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Continuously develop own expertise, optimising on-the-job and formal training opportunities
- University graduate in Computer Science
- Professional certifications in SOA and Enterprise Architecture
- Understanding of Banking products, services and processes
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect will be a definite plus
- Experience of mobile and internet based customer services, ideally in Financial Services
- 5+ years Strong experience in API & microservice design, development & deployment on premise/on Azure Cloud
- 3+ years working experience in Native mobile apps including Swift, Object-C, Java, Kotlin, React Native,
- 3+ years Experience or a good understanding and willingness to working in DevSecOps and Agile Scrum/Kanban based Software Development.
- Cloud infrastructure familiarity such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google
- Experience or a good understanding and willingness to include Security during all phases of development
- Minimum 3 years of experience as technical lead/application architect in designing, developing & deploying mission critical 24x7 omni channel applications in banks/financial services
- Minimum 3 years experience in architecting applications for Azure Cloud Platform, (platform components and assembling application and runtime architecture).
- The candidate must have hands on working knowledge in one or more of the following categories:
- Building Domain driven design based microservices for banking / financial services and deploying them on premise/on Azure
- Experience with event driven architectures and constituent technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) and patterns (Event Sourcing, etc)
- Good communication skills
- Creative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Supervisory skills
- Inter- personal relations skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Technical Architect - Boutique Design Firm
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)