Job description / Role
Charge Nurse I AF Health I Healthcare
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A"rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group's entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
The purpose of this role is to provide general team coordination, clinic oversight, quality health and personal care services to patients in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Provide quality health and personal care services to patients in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
- Identify, and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing chronic diseases. Provide health promotion to these patients to improve long term quality care (E.g. dietary advice, smoking cessation).
- Liaise and support other members of the multi-disciplinary team and other agencies relating to patient care, maintaining good communication channels.
- Assist in the implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and help implement and evaluate individual staff plans and competencies.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate all aspects of the nursing care platforms, and highlight areas for improvement.
- Assist the team to aid appropriate referrals and treatment plans.
- Work in partnership with the nurse supervisor to manage caseloads and provide a consistent patient service.
- Liaise and support other members of the multidisciplinary team and other agencies relating to patient care, maintaining good communication channels.
- Be aware of safe guarding policies, both local and national, and implement such policies should it become necessary.
- Recognise and refer staffing issues and clinical concerns to the nurse supervisor
- Assess clinical conditions, prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately, including initiation of effective emergency care.
- Oversee clinic caseload including the interpretation of test results and the ability to act upon these.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- DHA License (or Eligibility) as a Registered Nurse (mandatory)
- BLS ACLS/PALS Certification
- Fluency in English (speak, read and write).
- Arabic speaking skills will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Computer Literacy skills is required.
- Minimum 5+ years experience as a practicing RN in a clinical setting (accredited facility preferred)
- Minimum of 2+ years experience within UAE in a primary care setting
- Experience in nursing scheduling and delegation of daily clinical duties
About Al-Futtaim Healthcare
We Hear Your Ambition.
For over 90 years, the Al-Futtaim Group has been bringing the world's leading brands of lifestyle watches, cars, home furnishings and fashion to the UAE. The Group has now introduced a whole new way of holistic healthcare through HealthHub Clinics by Al-Futtaim, its multi-speciality chain of more than 20 clinics in Dubai with over 25 specialties offering the right combination of advanced diagnostics, proven medical expertise and specialised services .
What gives our clinics an edge is that as a part of the Al-Futtaim Group, you can expect world-class quality standards, with access to the best medical services and facilities within a healing environment. It's a new way of healthcare that's designed to meet a patient's needs with a complete range of smart healthcare solutions. As testimony to this, only recently, we've earned a rare milestone of being the only primary healthcare network in the UAE to receive the Gold Seal by a reputed international body: Accreditation Canada.
As trusted partners to health, we at HealthHub Clinics adopt evidence-based learning that enables us to listen to our patients more carefully. It helps us in treating the cause and not just the symptoms, while applying global best practices to ensure quality of care for every family member. Most of all, we adopt a patient-centric approach to healthcare that is reflected in the promise of our core belief: " We Hear You. "
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.