Job description / Role
Our client is a well-established and well-reputed diverse international organisation and as part of their commodity trading expansion we are recruiting a UAE experienced Chartering Manager with experience of dry bulk shipments such as Aluminum to join their Dubai office to proactively manage the vessel and time chartering and P&L for each voyage.
- To be able to manage the chartering of vessels for shipments and negotiate voyage and time charter contractors with ship owners, operators, shipping brokers and charterers.
- To conduct market analysis and be able to negotiate the most competitive pricing and movement of goods.
- Responsible for demurrage, laytime and insurance and claim handling.
- Specialization in chartering in Asia-Pacific basin,
- Ability to analyze the freight market (bulk, General,)
- Negotiating the terms of the Charter
- Calculation of freight rates on different directions
- Drawing up of charters and negotiate on freight.
- Chartering of vessels on the terms of voyage Charter
-10- 15 years experience in vessel chartering with a minimum of 4 years experience chartering in Asia focusing on tonnage, specifically for Aluminum.
- Experience within the commodity trading industry is an advantage
- Availability of own database of ship-owners
- Experience of the Middle East market
- Fluent in English must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.