Job description / Role
We are looking for a Chef to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our employees for breakfast and lunch.
Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus, and preparing high-quality dishes. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our team.
• Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans, and kitchen scales
• Study each recipe and gather all the necessary ingredients
• Cook food in a timely manner
• Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
• Inform wait staff about daily specials
• Ensure appealing plate presentation
• Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
• Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
• Monitor food stock and place orders
• Check the freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
• Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Requirements and Skills:
• Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
• Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
• Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
• Leadership skills
• Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
• Excellent time management abilities
• Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
• Familiarity with sanitation regulations
• Culinary school diploma preferred
About the Company
ScanCruit is a recruitment company with focus on finding the right people to the right positions. We know that it’s important to love your job and have a passion for what you do.
We have great knowledge about all kinds of businesses. With us you find people with value, and our job consultants are ready to help you find the right job or the best candidate for the job.