Job description / Role
• Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
• Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
• Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
• Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
• Instruct other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
• Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
• Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in food preparation.
• Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
• Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Check the quantity and quality of received products.
• Record production and operational data on specified forms.
• Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations
• Bachelors Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management or a Diploma in Culinary Arts
• GCC Hotel or a Restaurant experience with expertise in Hygiene and Food Safety
• 4-7 years of experience
• To be able to work under pressure, for long hours in a heated environment
• Has the ambition to succeed.
• Shows willingness to work, learning everything possible during the period of employment
• Assist the kitchen team to maintain and improve quality, standards and cleanliness required by the chef
• Ability to work hours required and section assigned by the Head Chef
About the Company
Novo Cinemas is home to the most innovative entertainment experiences in the GCC, offering each visitor A Great Time Out since 2014. We are one of the largest cinema chains in the Middle East because we push boundaries, pioneer change, and consistently strive for the "new". We began our legacy by introducing the region to such evolutionary technologies as the largest IMAX with Laser in the MENA region, online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app.
Novo Cinemas takes pride in showcasing the latest viewing technology, being acknowledged as the regional leader in cinema innovation when bestowed with the Most Innovative Cinema award at ComiCon ME 2017. This award is a testament to our dedication to providing customers with the most state-of-the-art movie-going experiences possible.
Our theaters are cinematic experience hubs creating lasting memories for every customer. Novo brings movies to life, letting guests choose from 2D, 3D, 4D, IMAX with Laser, ATMOS and luxury 7-Star VIP suites for their comfort. Supporting the in-theatre entertainment are bespoke gourmet menus, the latest trends in cinema snacks including frozen popcorn, fresh crepes and healthy treats. We are committed to providing every community with a personalized and outstanding entertainment experience placing cinema-goers at the forefront. Known as a destination for regional premieres, we are proud to host the most anticipated preview screenings. In addition to blockbuster releases, Novo offers corporate and private group bookings as well as alternative content such as live boxing, cricket and football matches and the performing arts. Films can be as informative as they are entertaining and Novo's commitment to education is reflected in our wide range of stunning IMAX documentary films available for private school bookings.
There are currently 158 screens across the GCC, ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over to 220 screens in more than 20 cinemas in four markets by 2019. Novo Cinemas. A Great Time Out! www.novocinemas.com