Job description / Role
• To assist in the preparation and service of food for guests and staff under the supervision of the Chef.
• To assist concession division within the Cinema as and when required.
• To assist the food and beverage department as and when required.
• To maintain a high standard of specified work in accordance with the Chef’s instructions
• To prepare, cook and serve food delegated as your responsibility, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times under guidance from a senior chef
• To monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section
• To aid in achieving food cost, kitchen standard and overall objectives
• To carry out daily and weekly procedures, including temperature checks, food labeling/dating and storage
• To remove any hazards and make safe any defects in the kitchen or its equipment and report any problems to a senior chef
• To keep high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform and overall camaraderie
• To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labeling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained
• To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant company procedures are adhered to
• To have an understanding of menu planning, the implementation of stock controls, the importance of good stock management, and how this enables the kitchen to meet gross profit
• To be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated
• To keep high standards of cleanliness on section where employed, also to assist in any job regarding hygiene or cleanliness asked for by the chef
• To be fully aware of all the health and safety at work regulations.
• To have full knowledge of, and be able to act upon, fire procedures
• To be aware of and comply with statutory requirements regarding the work place such as health and safety, hygiene, fire prevention, licensing and employment law, etc.
• To carry out and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen
• To attend all meeting and training sessions as required
• To comply with any reasonable request from your superiors
• To be able to work under pressure, for long hours in a heated environment
• Has the ambition to succeed.
• Shows willingness to work, learning everything possible during the period of employment
• Assist the kitchen team to maintain and improve quality, standards and cleanliness required by the chef
• Ability to work hours required and section assigned by the Head Chef
About the Company
Novo Cinemas is home to the most innovative entertainment experiences in the GCC, offering each visitor A Great Time Out since 2014. We are one of the largest cinema chains in the Middle East because we push boundaries, pioneer change, and consistently strive for the "new". We began our legacy by introducing the region to such evolutionary technologies as the largest IMAX with Laser in the MENA region, online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app.
Novo Cinemas takes pride in showcasing the latest viewing technology, being acknowledged as the regional leader in cinema innovation when bestowed with the Most Innovative Cinema award at ComiCon ME 2017. This award is a testament to our dedication to providing customers with the most state-of-the-art movie-going experiences possible.
Our theaters are cinematic experience hubs creating lasting memories for every customer. Novo brings movies to life, letting guests choose from 2D, 3D, 4D, IMAX with Laser, ATMOS and luxury 7-Star VIP suites for their comfort. Supporting the in-theatre entertainment are bespoke gourmet menus, the latest trends in cinema snacks including frozen popcorn, fresh crepes and healthy treats. We are committed to providing every community with a personalized and outstanding entertainment experience placing cinema-goers at the forefront. Known as a destination for regional premieres, we are proud to host the most anticipated preview screenings. In addition to blockbuster releases, Novo offers corporate and private group bookings as well as alternative content such as live boxing, cricket and football matches and the performing arts. Films can be as informative as they are entertaining and Novo's commitment to education is reflected in our wide range of stunning IMAX documentary films available for private school bookings.
There are currently 158 screens across the GCC, ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over to 220 screens in more than 20 cinemas in four markets by 2019. Novo Cinemas. A Great Time Out! www.novocinemas.com