Job description / Role
* You will be responsible for the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations.
* The Chef de Cuisine is responsible to manage the assigned kitchen as an independent profit centre, in line with the outlet's operating concept and Hyatt International standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction while operating within budget, helping to ensure the financial success of the outlet.
Primary Location: AE-DU-Dubai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Dubai
Job Level: Full-time
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
* Minimum 2 years experience as Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef in a hotel or restaurant of good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands.
* Qualification in Kitchen Production or Management will be an advantage. Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
* Basic Computer Skills in MS Office, and Recipe Maintenance System is preferred.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.