Job description / Role
Ready for a sizzling career move? You will play a pivotal role in our kitchen working alongside a fantastic team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- The ability to meet budgeted food and labor costs
- The ability to meet the required LQA standards
- The ability to drive colleague engagement
- The ability to ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared.
- The ability to plan and develop menus for the hotel considering factors such as product availability, service cost, marketing conditions, number to be served, etc. Establishes and maintains appropriate food portions with respect to the hotel's pricing policy.
- The ability to assign prices for food items on daily menus that result in net profit for the food cost area and participates in making decisions regarding printing, layouts, posting and distribution of menus.
- The ability to prepare and post employee work schedules to reflect operating forecasts and to keep within budgeted figures.
- The ability to prepare a daily payroll report.
- The ability to supervise all methods of food preparation and cooking methods, size of portions, garnishing and presentation of food.
- The ability to coordinate and supervise the ordering of all food supplies and kitchen equipment; approves all products to meet quality standards; keeps cost accounts; and takes responsibility of food preparation areas.
- The ability to hire, train, discipline, supervise and organize all kitchen personnel on a regular basis.
- The ability to complete and provide performance evaluations for all kitchen employees making recommendations for salary increases as warranted.
- The ability to hold regular meetings with the kitchen staff as well as attend and participate in all required meetings.
- The ability to treat employees at every level of responsibilities fairly and consistently to achieve high morale and minimum turnover.
- The ability to maintain a consistently high level of employee morale and motivation.
- The ability to coordinate with the Executive Chef, Food and Beverage Manager, the Director of Operations any special functions regarding food preparation and presentation, including additional costs and staffing requirements.
- The ability to supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of all food preparation equipment.
- The ability to develop and ensure a safe working environment for people to work.
- The ability to set up control systems, which will assure quality and portion consistency.
- The ability to create proper purchasing specifications.
- The ability to monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- The ability to monitor and review food presentations and make recommendations for needed changes.
- The ability to communicate with the Executive Chef on a regular basis the activities and result of the kitchen.
- The ability to supervise in coordination with the Stewarding all assigned duties of the stewarding department
- The ability to monitor the employee cafeteria to ensure a quality product and a variety of menu items.
- The ability to communicate with the purchasing department to ensure a top quality and fair price.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff
Your experience and skills include:
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language, Arabic would be a plus.
- Very advanced courses or experience in the administration side of the kitchen.
- 8 - 10 years' experience in kitchen covering all aspects of cooking.
- Must possess a high level of creativity and high quality standards.
- Very strong leader, communicator and trainer.
- HACCAP knowledge
- EFST certification
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.