Job description / Role
- To work with the Executive Sous Chef in setting each outlet menu and recipes for each meal period in order to ensure accuracy.
- To ensure that all outlet kitchens adhere to Company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and all Standards.
- To prepare and update the relevant section of the Departmental Operations Manuals.
- To monitor food standards in collaboration with the Executive Sous Chef according to their respective outlet.
- To work with Chefs de Partie to take corrective action where appropriate.
- To coordinate with the Stewarding in regards to the requirements for the Kitchens.
- Must be an example of the Sofitel Values, Brand Standards, and a champion of appearance and hygiene guidelines.
- Implements guidelines, policies and procedures for those operating departments according to Sofitel Guidelines & Standards.
- Must apply the Sofitel Food & Beverage rituals.
- To keep the Chefs de Partie up to date with seasonally available meats, fish and produce on the local market.
- To assist in the development of product specifications for all menus.
- To encourage Chefs de Partie to be innovative and creative.
- To ensure that product consistency in quality, appearance and taste.
- To assist Outlet Managers in maintaining a high quality operation in service and cleanliness.
- To assist the Purchasing Manager in the cost-effective selection of raw products.
- To liaise closely with the Purchase Manager in the event of price fluctuation of fresh products.
- To continuously test, along with the Chefs de partie, new products on the market.
- To conduct regular meetings with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- To share with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef the responsibility to maximize revenue and profits.
- To ensure the accurate maintenance of food recipe data.
- Liaises with Engineering to ensure prompt and efficient repair and maintenance.
- To identify market-needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and the local market.
- To monitor and analyze the menus and product of competitors.
- To ensure that Chefs de Partie are fully aware of market trends and that product meet their requirements.
- To plan and implement in conjunction with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef and Director of F&B, Food promotion.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.