Job description / Role
- To ensure that the kitchen runs at an acceptable food cost.
- To ensure that ambassador productivity is maximized and payroll costs minimized.
- To work with the Executive Sous Chef in setting each outlet menu and recipes for each meal period in order to ensure accuracy.
- To ensure that all outlet kitchens adhere to Company and Hotel Policies and Procedures and all Standards.
- To prepare and update the relevant section of the Departmental Operations Manuals.
- To monitor food standards in collaboration with the Executive Sous Chef according to their respective outlet.
- To work with Chefs de Partie to take corrective action where appropriate.
- To co-ordinate with the Stewarding in regards to the requirements for the Kitchens.
- Must be an example of the Sofitel Values, Brand Standards, and a champion of appearance and hygiene guidelines.
- Implements guidelines, policies and procedures for those operating departments according to Sofitel Guidelines & Standards.
- Must apply the Sofitel Food & Beverage rituals.
- To keep the Chefs de Partie up to date with seasonally available meats, fish and produce on the local market.
- To assist in the development of product specifications for all menus.
- To encourage Chefs de Partie to be innovative and creative.
- To ensure that product consistency in quality, appearance and taste.
- To assist Outlet Managers in maintaining a high quality operation in service and cleanliness.
- To assist the Purchasing Manager in the cost-effective selection of raw products.
- To liaise closely with the Purchase Manager in the event of price fluctuation of fresh products.
- To continuously test, along with the Chefs de partie, new products on the market.
- To conduct regular meetings with the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- To share with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef the responsibility to maximize revenue and profits.
- To ensure the accurate maintenance of food recipe data.
- Liaises with Engineering to ensure prompt and efficient repair and maintenance.
- To identify market-needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and the local market.
- To monitor and analyze the menus and product of competitors.
- To ensure that Chefs de Partie are fully aware of market trends and that product meet their requirements.
- To plan and implement in conjunction with the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef and Director of F&B, Food promotion.
- To assist in performance appraisals when necessary.
- To identify training needs and plan training programs for the ambassadors.
- To conduct training for ambassadors in accordance to the Annual Training Plan in order that ambassadors have the necessary skills to perform their duties.
- To liaise and inform Food and Beverage Department and Human Resources Department of all training sessions.
- To develop departmental trainers and assign training responsibilities.
- To train and develop each Chef de Partie so that they are able to operate independently and creatively within their own profit centers.
- To plan and implement effective training programs for the kitchen and consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- To supervise the ambassadors within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- Comply with the hotel policies and procedures as well as federal legislation.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
- To co-ordinate constantly with the purchasing department.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with ambassadors in outlet of all other departments.
- To conduct monthly ambassador meetings and provide summary to Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef.
- To attend all meetings and trainings as required by the Management.
- To prepare and participate in the Monthly Objective Review.
- To respond to the changes in the restaurant function as dictated by the hotel.
- To assist in the implementation of the various food safety and hygiene standards including HACCP and other Municipality regulations.
- To work closely with the Hygiene Officer in implementing all hygiene and safety procedures.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different outlets of the Kitchen Department.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Executive Chef and the Executive Sous Chef.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Chef de Cuisine
Chef de Cuisine - Mediterranean Cuisine
Culinary Sous Chef
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Executive Sous Chef
Chef - The Arbor School
The Arbor School