Job description / Role
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Chef De Partie to join the KOA kitchen team. The food & beverage offerings across the development are an integrated component of KOA's creative lifestyle vision and serve as a means to extend and augment the visitor's experience of the spaces presented. Three different food & beverage offerings are underpinned by the same philosophy: to bring people together. Hospitality at KOA is vibrant and bold yet familiar and comfortable.
In this role, you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, manage your team, work closely with the Sous Chef and have the opportunity to rotate sections and implement the skills of your craft. The two F&B concepts you will be working in are - a quick service counter offering breakfast and lunch items and an all-day dining venue that focuses on sharing meals with friends with a no-fuss attitude. You will be working for both brands to expand your skill set and enjoy a diverse team setting.
Main Duties Include:
• Ensure the quality of output is in line with company standards and customer expectations.
• Maintain quality of food preparation ensuring consistency in food appearance and taste.
• Work effectively within the kitchen team to ensure well-presented food to our guests.
• Adhere to and monitor the kitchen standard operating procedures
• Ensure all inter-kitchen and department outlet transfers are complete, accurate and performed in a timely manner
• Assist in the development of the skills and effectiveness of all kitchen employees through the appropriate training, coaching or mentoring.
• Ensure that all food prepared is served according to company standards
• Oversee performance standards for the Stewarding Operation in both Kitchens
• Minimize Operating Equipment Breakage and streamline an efficient resource and equipment flow
• Provide guidance and direction to kitchen personnel.
• Serve as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviours.
• Adhere to standard operating procedures, best practice and company policy.
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
• Adhere to all KOA Canvas policies and procedures.
• Undertake any other work related tasks which may reasonably be required from time to time as requested by Management
• Enforce staff performance standards, food production and presentation standards, service procedures and service times;
• Assisting the Head Chef to document, cost and standardise all menu items;
• Involving the whole kitchen team in developing food ideas.
In order to be considered for the role, you will have to have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a kitchen as Chef De Partie. In addition, you should have experience in working in an all-day dining operation that turns large volumes. You should speak English and be easily approachable. Someone who's got lots of stamina and enjoys the fast pace of working in a kitchen.
You also need to be able to stay calm and focused team during a frenetic service. As head of your section you need to be confident enough to manage the Commis working with you and to give them clear instructions to ensure food is prepared in accordance to the set standards.
About the Company
A unique real estate concept by Mohammed Zaal, KOA will redefine residential living and working in Dubai.
KOA creates communities that reflect the global outlook of the region and a new generation of consumers who demand individual expression. The KOA culture is one of originality and attention to detail balanced with quality and flawless execution. Each development will provide an urban ecosystem that represents innovation, substance and craftsmanship.
KOA aims to revitalize urban developments and lead Dubai's real estate industry into a new era of cultural and urban enrichment that contributes to the soul of a dynamic new Dubai.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commis - International Cuisine