Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation as Chef de Partie will inspire your team to create truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: Nestled amongst the hidden valleys of the majestic Al Hajar Mountains, Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort lies along the coastal region of Dibba, the second largest town in the emirate of Fujairah. Set against a dramatic backdrop of rugged terrain, travelers can expect to discover a destination lauded for its natural beauty, with archeological and heritage sites all within easy accessibility from the resort.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Junior Sous Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Strive to exceed guest expectation and take the culinary team from good to great.
• Always act in a professional manner using the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Needs to be experienced in the Preparation of the Following:
• European, French Pastries
• Arabic Pastry production will be an added advantage
• A La Carte Pastry production
• Be creative in pastry buffet presentations.
• Take overall responsibility of the Pastry kitchen.
• Create Specialty Pastry Menus and executing the same.
• Conduct daily shift briefings to kitchen colleagues in absence of Executive pastry chef / sous chef
• Promote a Fun, Professional and Disciplined work environment
• Lead by example using Fairmont’s Mission, Vision & Values
• Support/Coach/Lead & Motivate kitchen colleagues
• Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings
• Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate to minimize repeat visits
• Ensure all kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
• Promote Health and Safety at all times
• Ensure all grooming standards and expectations are followed as required
• Ensure spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
• Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in all chillers
• Minimize wastage/ spoilage
• Maintain consistent on the job training sessions for culinary colleagues
• Liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback
• Strive to maintain & improve all food preparations & presentations
• Strive to improve J.D.P results for Food Quality
• Act as an extension of kitchen managers to communicate food consistency & quality
• Conduct daily inspection of all Pre Preparation (Mis En Place) to ensure freshness & quality standards for his / her Section
• Strive to develop as a leader by attending Fairmont Managerial Courses
• Assign and follow – up tasks as dictated by business volumes
• Be creative in menu creation using available resources.
• Perform all or any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
• Previous experience in the pastry kitchen is must.
• Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
• Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Apply Today: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests