Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist © " describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio
Stay, Live, Enjoy!
We create memories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch. We discover together and are flexible to our guest's discerning needs.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chef De Cuisine and within the limits of established policies, the Chef De Partie will assist in the overseeing and directing of all aspects of the kitchen management & production.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- To ensure that the highest standards of food presentation and service are achieved by displaying the products to the highest standards possible, and by promoting a positive presence.
- To prepare, cook, present and assist with serving the food according to standard recipes, observing the correct portion control procedures at all times.
- To make up mise-en-place for service and for the following session according to standard recipes and levels.
- To be involved with developing the menus by putting forward ideas for production.
- To undertake training deemed necessary by your superior.
- Directs and oversees the planning of training activities for the department.
- Manage and conducts all trainings for new Heartists.
- Teaches competition techniques.
- To be able to check the quantity and quality of food and to make a list to bring up to the necessary level for the next service.
- To ensure food is correctly dated, labelled, rotated and stored.
- Be able to report substandard products, record and report the waste to your superior.
- To inform your superior of any goods required, to fill out any requisitions and hand them to superiors for signature.
- To follow the correct usage and cleaning procedures of equipment as necessary according to training.
- Oversees maintenance and handling of equipment used.
- Ensures timely reporting of malfunction or maintenance deficiencies to appropriate area.
- Summarizes Section Performance.
- Highlights achievements, problems and challenges.
- Be able to resolve customer complaints, adhering to excellent service standards, ensuring that communicate any complaint onto your superior.
- Convene meetings with his/her team at regular intervals for information purposes.
- Seeks out employees concerns and offers assistance.
- Ensuring availability of time for one-to-one interaction of Commis and Commis Pastry.
- Following procedures specified in Employee Handbook in implementing disciplinary measures.
- Prepares Duty Roster/Scheduling of team members.
- Makes recommendation on staff movements.
- Monitors performance of Commis and Commis Pastry staff and communicates this to each staff on a regular basis through one-on-one counseling.
- Effecting coaching/counseling and, if needed, disciplinary procedures when rules/standards are violated.
- Maintains the departmental bulletin board.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language; they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group's success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we're stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.