Job description / Role
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind.
THE HYDE DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group; opened the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, opened their doors in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel's public areas, guestrooms and Cleo was designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
Organizes kitchen operations and prepares and serves a range of dishes, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade. Promotes the work culture and the company's core values.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Organize shifting in the section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service
- Give tasks to Demi Chefs and Commis Chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner
- Write daily beverage, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Maintain good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues
- Ensure that training on a one-to-one basis has been carried out and comprehended.
- Check on a daily basis food preparation regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding Mise-en-place and food storage.
- Attend daily and monthly meetings with the Chef de cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de cuisine and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to the next shift
- Accidents and sickness to be written in log Book and report to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Check Demi Chefs / Commis Chefs on his/her section: e.g. regarding personal hygiene.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive.
- Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Strong leadership, training and motivational skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in stressful fast paced environment.
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience .
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.