Job description / Role
You will be responsible to assist with the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. The Chef de Partie is responsible to supervise the assigned station / section of the outlet kitchen, in order to prepare a consistent, high-quality product and ensure courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service that supports the outlet's operating concept and Hyatt International standards.
• Minimum 2 years' work experience as Chef de Partie or 3-4 years as Demi Chef de Partie/Commis in a hotel or large restaurant with good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands.
• Qualification in Kitchen Production or Management will be an advantage.
• Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
• Basic Computer Skills in MS Office, and Recipe Maintenance System is preferred.
• Female candidates will be preferred.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.