Job description / Role
Organizes kitchen operations and prepares and serves a range of dishes, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade. Promotes the work culture and the company's core values.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badges at all times
- Organize shifting in the section with regard to mise-en-place production and its service
- Give tasks to Demi Chefs and Commis Chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner
- Write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Maintain good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues
- Ensure that training on a one-to-one basis has been carried out and comprehended.
- Check on a daily basis food preparation regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding Mise-en-place and food storage.
- Attend daily and monthly meetings with the Chef de cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de cuisine and to follow up and ensure the necessary work has been carried out.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Keep the section clean and tidy.
- Pass all information to the next shift
- Accidents and sickness to be written in log Book and report to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef.
- Check Demi Chefs / Commis Chefs on his/her section: e.g. regarding personal hygiene.
- Assist the Chef de cuisine in composing new recipes and menu ideas.
- Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Strong leadership, training and motivational skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in stressful fast paced environment.
- Minimum 2 years cooking experience .
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.