Job description / Role
- To deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- To provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- To work in and oversee the assigned station / section and the relevant associates to ensure that food products are prepared according to the standard required.
- To maintain the assigned station / section in a clean and orderly manner at all times.
- To follow standard recipes and minimize waste to help ensure that the outlet's food cost is in line with budget.
- To train the associates as necessary in the preparation and presentation of the items.
- To suggest alternative menu items, meet specific customer requests and interact with customers to meet and exceed their culinary expectations.
- To ensure that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
- To make sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
- To work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of "We work through Teams".
- To be up to date with the availability of seasonal and new products on the market.
- To treat all operating equipment and supplies carefully to minimize damage and reduce wastage.
- To encourage the punctuality and appearance of the outlet culinary associates in the station / section, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department's grooming standards.
- To support the implementation of The People Philosophy, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt's Values and Culture Characteristics.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department grooming standards.
- To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
- To read the hotel's Associate Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible in your job function and perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you, including redeployment to other departments/areas if required, in order to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.