Job description / Role
Kick start your next adventure with Rove Hotels, the jump off point for the modern-day explorer. All our hubs are conveniently located in central neighborhood with easy access to public transport. Designed for comfort and convenience, Rove Hotels come with super spacious and family-friendly rooms, high-speed WiFi and ultra-modern amenities. Affordable room rates and plenty of add-on's, allow you to explore at ease.
To be responsible for the running of the kitchen section assigned to him by the Sous Chef. Assist the Sous Chef in all aspects of hot and cold food production and to manage the kitchen effectively in accordance with ROVE Hotels` standards and policies to consistently ensure guest satisfaction.
Menu Planning / Production
• Ensures adequate supply of raw material by checking stock levels daily
• Prepares details for requisitions of supplies daily
• Makes daily production lists for his/her section
• Controls all sections of the mis-en-place for quality and quantity
• Ensures freshness and speedy delivery of all meal orders at all times
• Checks, tastes and ensures food quality of all food produced on a daily basis
• Ensures all preparation of food is according to hotel recipes and presentation standards
• Trains subordinate staff on the proper use of machinery and equipment and cleaning procedures
• Ensures safe work practices are adopted at all times and reports any concerns to Sous Chef immediately
• Trains and motivate all subordinates on a regular basis
• Attends training sessions as scheduled
Purchasing / Control / Store
• Prepares on daily basis all food requisitions as assigned
• Assists the Sous Chef to control food cost
• Ensures that no merchandise is served from the kitchen without correct and proper voucher/docket
• Consistently checks the temperatures in foods and follows proper food safety procedures with regard to chilling, re-heating and holding food
• Checks all outlet sections prior to leaving from duty, to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food and proper storing/labelling
• Maintains cleanliness in all assigned areas, including refrigerators and freezers
• Fully conversant with local food hygiene and HACCP standards as per Dubai Municipality
General / Miscellaneous
• Establishes and maintains effective employee relations at all times
• Informs on a daily basis to the Executive Chef / Sous Chef all relevant information in operational and personal matters, including information which may not require the Executive Chef or Sous Chef's action
• Reports any equipment on the section which needs repair or maintenance
• Diploma from University, Hotel School, Hospitality Training Provider/Culinary School
• Trade Certificates from Hotel Schools, Hospitality Training Providers/Culinary Schools
• Additional Industry Accreditation from Professional Training Courses
• Minimum of 5 year working experience in the F&B industry
• Minimum of 3 years industry experience in a high volume F&B operation
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Intermediate technical cooking skills and theoretical knowledge of cooking styles
• Intermediate knowledge of international cuisines
• Experience in food safety and hygiene
About the Company
Established in 1997, Emaar Properties is a Public Joint Stock Company listed on the Dubai Financial Market. A pioneering developer of integrated master-planned communities, Emaar Group has transformed the real estate sector in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Emaar Group is extending its expertise in developing master-planned communities internationally, and today, has a significant presence in several key global markets. Simultaneously, the company has developed competencies in hospitality & leisure, and shopping malls & retail.
Emaars world-class project development competencies are underlined by its iconic assets in Dubai and other international markets.