Job description / Role
What is in it for you :
- An opportunity to be with world's preferred Hospitality Company.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide.
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work.
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world.
- Chance to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain and enhance our pastry products through creative development and presentation.
- Lead by example using Accor's: Mission, Vision & Values
- Support/Coach/Lead & motivate pastry kitchen colleagues
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in weekly Sous Chef meeting
- Ensure all pastry kitchen colleagues are aware of standards & expectations
- Promote Health and Safety at all times
- Implement HACCP standards in the hotel with the assistance of the Executive Chef, Hygiene Officer.
- Ensure all grooming, spot check and temperature control sheets are filled as required
- Complete monthly one on one's, probation & annual reviews as scheduled
- Maintain cleanliness and proper rotation of product in Pastry chillers & freezers
- Maintain proper distribution & adjustments to culinary BEOs.
- Liaison daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication & guest feedback
- Menu development for outlets/ banquets/ IRD
- Strives to maintain & improve all pastry food and amenity preparations & presentations
Your experience and skills include:
- Prior experience of 2 years in same position in a 5 star luxury hotel.
- Strong understanding of HACCP.
- Have a strong working knowledge of International Cuisine.
- Experience working in Middle East or Asia an asset.
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labour and wastage to meet the food quality goals and the hotel's financial goals.
- Enthusiastic and with an outgoing personality who is very guest driven.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.