Job description / Role
Our client, one of world’s leading sports resort is looking for a Chef De Partie, to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. In this role, the job holder will primarily be responsible for engaging, entertaining, interacting and providing a unique dining experience to guests. Primarily works in front of the restaurant while cooking and preparing hot meals on hibachi tables directly in front of guests. Ensures correct food portions are being cooked and maintain the kitchen areas and hibachi tables clean and sanitized. Prepares and sets up food for cooking and side orders. Other responsibilities includes:
• Supervises personnel engaged in preparing, cooking, and serving meats, sauces, vegetables, soups, and other foods.
• Organize together section with regard to mise-en-place, production and its service.
• Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
• Cuts, trims, and bones meats and poultry for cooking.
• Portions cooked foods as per Executive Chefs instructions as to size of portions and methods of garnishing.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Ability to maintain a professional and courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times.
• Ability to entertain and perform in front of guests is strongly desired.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team member's role in the guest dining experience.
• Ability to prepare food for consumption with background knowledge of proper techniques and equipment to be used.
• Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is highly desirable.
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ mandatory experience as Teppanyaki Chef with Acrobatic ability
• Previous experience in a Japanese restaurant or hospitality industry required specifically as Teppanyaki Chef
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• Equivalent combination of education/experience will be considered, Experience Certificate as Teppanyaki Chef is mandatory
• Must be able to work different shifts, including holidays, nights and weekends.
• Must be able to work overtime as required.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.