Job description / Role
The Arbor School is seeking an experienced Chef to immediately join our team at The Farmhouse at Arbor, an aspiring "farm-to-fork" canteen concept that makes full use of school-grown produce in the provision of food to students, staff and parents, complemented by the careful sourcing (where possible) of seasonal ingredients from local and sustainable suppliers.
• This is an exciting opportunity to join the team of an extraordinary ecological school in Dubai, based on the National Curriculum for England with a core philosophy centred upon ecoliteracy, sustainability and environmental justice.
• The school features truly unique facilities, including six biodomes, learning gardens, maker spaces and extensive provision for both sports and the arts.
• The successful candidate will be reporting to the School’s Executive Chef and is expected to assist in the school’s food operations within the main kitchen that serves the canteen available to all students and staff as well as food preparation for the Farmhouse Café and catering events for the Arbor School.
We invite applications from exceptionally hard working and motivated candidates, who are excited by the opportunity to take an important role in this unique environment. We seek people who are passionate and curious and can form excellent relationships with colleagues.
Required Candidate Profile
• Diploma in a relevant field.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience cooking in the hospitality management industry.
• Basic baking and pastry knowledge is preferred.
• A recognised Health and Safety qualification is preferred.
• An appreciation for environmental sustainability and the value of nature.
All positions attract a generous remuneration package including a competitive salary, private medical insurance and end of service gratuity as per the UAE Labour Law.
To apply for this position please send your application online.
The Arbor School reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the termination of the advertisement date, so early applications are encouraged.
The Arbor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to CV and qualification checking, interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
All appointments are subject to Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation approval.
About the Company
The Arbor School is an ecological school delivering the National Curriculum for England focusing on ecoliteracy, sustainability and environmental justice, from FS1 to Year 8.
Our facilities are both outstanding, unique and include six climate-controlled biodomes, learning and reflection gardens as well as an extensive provision for both sports and the arts.
By joining the Arbor School you will be part of a supportive team of staff that is willing to go that extra mile to foster a positive, caring and compassionate learning environment, which is anchored by a deep sense of environmental justice and sustainability.