Job description / Role
Our client is a well-established privately-owned family run business with diversified brands and as part of their expansion they are establishing a chemical trading company. We are recruiting an experienced senior level manager from the commodity and specialty chemical trading industry who will be responsible for the business strategy, product portfolio expansion, marketing, pricing, sourcing and supply chain. The role will focus on maximizing revenue and gross profit margin.
• Establish the trading operations from business development, import and exports, supply chain, pricing and sourcing.
• Develop the product portfolio by developing existing and new products and selling chemical raw materials.
• Negotiate profitable commercial terms, credit limits and reliable sourcing channels.
Essential Skills & Experience Required
• 10+ years’ experience in full cycle domestic and international chemical trading with a strong book value in paints, coatings, adhesives, agrochemicals, petrochemicals, blended oils and gases, bulk, specialty, food, dyes and cosmetic chemicals.
• Minimum of 3 years’ chemical trading in the UAE / Gulf region with excellent financial and commercial acumen, effective negotiation and strong supply and demand forecasting and planning skills.
• UAE / GCC driving license is mandatory.
• Bachelor’s degree is mandatory
• Currently living in the UAE.
• Must be willing and able to travel on business.
• Fluency in English – must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
About the Company
We’re redefining recruitment and as a leader in talent acquisition, our success and reputation stems from delivering exceptional service.
We succeed because our clients and candidates value our regional and industry knowledge, integrity, commitment and results. We understand what it takes to source high calibre candidates and provide our clients with the efficient service that they require in today’s competitive job market. We do not believe in forwarding the first available applicant for any vacancy - we present only a shortlist of candidates who are qualified, job-matched and serious about their next career move.
Plum Jobs Executive understands the challenges and dynamics of the skills and talent shortage as organizations need to have succession plans in place for tomorrow’s leaders.
Our in-depth understanding of local markets enables us to define the role and remuneration based on industry benchmarking and insight.
Our HR consultancy assignments include preparing comprehensive job descriptions, policies and employee engagement and performance management frameworks.
Our industry focus: Architecture | Construction & Interiors | Education & Learning | Events & Hospitality | Facilities Management & Real Estate | Financial Services & Insurance | FMCG & Manufacturing | Healthcare, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences | Legal Services | Marketing & Media | Oil & Gas, Energy | Retail & Trading | Strategy & Consulting | Technology & Telecommunications | Transport
Our executive search and recruitment expertise covers: Administration & Business Support | Architecture, Construction & Interiors | Business Development & Sales | Education & Learning | Engineering, Technical & EHS | Events, , Hospitality & Retail | Executive Appointments | Finance Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences | Human Resources | Legal | Marketing & Media | Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain | Strategy & Consulting | Technology
Executive Appointments | Recruitment | Talent Acquisition | HR Consultancy | Headhunting | ‘C’ Level Appointments
Business Development Manager
Search Heads Middle East
Supply Chain Manager
Search Heads Middle East
Quest Search & Selection
Senior Procurement Coordinator
Green Gulf Careers
Procurement Supply Chain Specialist (Drilling)
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE